Tuesday 26 January 2010

Suitable magazine for my band..


http://www.kerrang.com/

I feel that the perfect magazine that Chick Rides Artist would be suitable to feature on when considering the bands genre and style is the famous rock magazine Kerrang.
Kerrang magazine is published in order for rock and screamo fans to read up on there favourite bands and look up future gigs, the magazine gives the lastest news of happenings in the rock world, with interviews and information on not only succesful rock bands but also new upcoming bands. This is applicable when considering the audience as it is similar to that of which will be interested in the band Chick Rides artist. As you can see on the cover is the band You Me At Six, labelled as 'Rocks new hotshots.' The band You Me At Six is extremely similar to Chick Rides Artist, with a mixture of screamo and emo, and the songs have many similarities therefore the same type of audiences will be flocking towards Chick Rides Artist. I personally am an example of this because You Me At Six are personally one of my favourite bands, and I also love the work that Chick Rides have done.Also, in the top black band it has a list of other bands featured in the magazine these are Enter Shikari a well know screamo metal band and also funeral for a friend, again falling within the same music genre as Chick Rides subsiquently resulting in similar audiences.

The Magazine uses mostly red white and black colours in its presentation. This makes me think about how I need to portray my magazine advert, as when looking at magazine adverts such as YouMeAtSix and Bullet For My Valentine, they are all presented in certain colors such as red white and black, therefore to fit the genre its self I must do this to my magazine advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment